The HF and LF bands are shelving EQs, with two additional parametric EQs at the HMF and LMF bands. All EQ bands operate on a unique gain dependent variable slope/Q system for a vintage smooth sound and increased boost/cut frequency selectivity high gains. The HPF and LPF filters use a unique split-octave design giving a 12 dB/Oct slope near the selected frequency, and a maximum slope of 24 dB/Oct.
All Retro plug-ins use a McDSP designed output stage topology to eliminate digital clipping at any output level and produce a smoother distortion characteristic. This feature is in addition to the analog saturation modeling that has made McDSP famous over the last decade. Retro plug-ins are a line of ‘classics’ that can live up to their own name without emulating something else.
- Unique original algorithms with transparent yet vintage sound
- Variable slope filtering
- Variable Q/slope Shelving and Parametric EQ
- Anti-Clip Output Stage Topology
- Analog Saturation Modeling
- Double precision processing
- Ultra Low Latency
- Mono and stereo versions
- HD v6: AAX DSP/Native, AU, VST3
- Native v6: AAX Native, AU, VST3