Best in Class is what best describes MOTU’s M2™ audio interface:
- Audio Quality – It comes equipped with the very same ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC Technology that’s found in audio interfaces costing much, much more. This powerful interface delivers an astonishing Dynamic Range of 120 dB on its main outputs. ESS converters are also used to drive the headphone output, which rivals dedicated headphone amplifiers also costing much more. Its ultra-clean preamps produce a measured -129 dBu EIN on the mic inputs. Now you can capture and monitor your audio with pristine clarity.
- Speed – It delivers best-in-class speed for monitoring live inputs (mic, guitar or keyboard) via your computer, thanks to expertly-engineered MOTU USB drivers, which provide class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (at 96 kHz with a 32 sample buffer).
- Metering – Nothing is more critical than achieving optimum levels when recording and mixing. This unit is the only audio interface in its class equipped with a full-color LCD readout featuring clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs (I/O). You’ll enjoy professional-level volume control and feedback so you can make your sound just right.
For Live Streaming:
- Loopback function – offering convenient loopback channels to your host computer, the M2 driver enables you to easily combine computer audio with live mics and/or guitar inputs for streaming the combined mix to YouTube® or your favorite podcasting platform — in real time. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding!
In addition, this great package includes access to free downloads of MOTU’s Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite. It also offers multi-channel audio I/O for Core Audio-compatible audio applications on the Mac and ASIO-compatible applications on Windows, including MOTU’s Digital Performer, Apple’s Logic Pro and GarageBand, as well as other third-party software applications such as Ableton Live, Avid Pro Tools, Cockos Reaper, Propellerhead Reason, Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Cakewalk SONAR, PreSonus Studio One, Bitwig, and others (all additional software listed here is sold separately).
MOTU: A tradition of engineering excellence
Decades of award-winning product engineering for hit songs, mega tours, primetime shows and blockbuster movies goes into every MOTU audio interface.
MOTU M2 Includes:
- M2 audio interface
- USB-C to USB-A cable
- Safety instruction sheet
- Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite (included as free downloads)
MOTU M2 Features:
- ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC technology for superb analog sound
- The same converter technology used in audio interfaces costing thousands
- ESS-driven headphone output
- Plug-and-play operation
- Hardware (direct) monitoring
- Independent 48V phantom power
- Rugged metal construction
- 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates
MOTU M2 Specifications:
- Measured 120 dB dynamic range on outputs
- Measured -129 dBu EIN on mic inputs
- 2x mic/line/Hi-Z guitar inputs
- 2x balanced ¼-inch TRS out
- 2x RCA analog out (mirrored)
- 1x stereo headphone w/volume
- 1x MIDI in/out
- Dynamic Range:
- 120 dB dynamic range on output
- -129 dBu EIN on mic inputs
- Bus-powered USB-C
- Compatible with USB Type A
- Windows driver
- Mac driver (optional)
- iOS compatible (with adapter kit – sold separately)
- System requirements:
- 1 GHz Intel-based Mac or Pentium-based Windows PC (or compatible). Faster CPUs are recommended for best performance
- 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended
- macOS 10.11 or later / Windows 7 or later (x64 only) / iOS 9 or higher (with adapter kit – sold separately)
- Available high-speed USB 2.0 (or 3.0) port
- A large hard drive (preferably at least 512 GB)
- Note: further information can be found within the “M Series User Guide” located under the “Documentation” tab above.